History of the Cemetery
Church building and old cemetery belonged to the Second Baptist Church of Hopewell, NJ. The congregation disbanded around 1930 and the Harbourton Cemetery Association was incorporated May 11, 1931 to maintain the cemetery property and plots of the many area people buried here.
"Old Church Yard" was established in 1803. This rural cemetery has grown to ten acres with approximately three acres developed. It is neatly kept and actively selling graves. It is currently under the control of the Harbourton Cemetery Trustees.
The consecrated grounds of Harbourton Cemetery lay in the heart of the historic village of Harbourton, New Jersey.
With rolling hills, mature trees and meticulously maintained grounds, Harbourton Cemetery continues to be the choice of those who want affordable quality and the peace of mind of knowing that they and their loved ones will be cared for with respect and dignity.